Sunday, April 28, 2013

Yupo Synthetic Paper Magazine Ad

While flipping through an issue of CMYK, I ran across this ad. With the ripped fellow challenging me to rip a simple page in a magazine, I was inclined to give it a try (and to possibly face the wrath of the librarians.) And I'll be damned if that isn't some of the toughest paper I've laid hands on, and the ad has a profound effect on the consumer. You've been challenged to do something that could damage the brand's reputation (durability) and when you aren't able to rip it, you want to look at the fine print and find out more about this company that just handed you your butt. It's like one of those salesman at the kiosks of the mall, except it's not annoying and what they're selling fits in a magazine and actually works.

No comments:

Post a Comment